Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We Got Ripped Off!

So, I get a call Saturday afternoon from Card Services. It is my bank asking if I mad a purchase at McDonalds this morning. Now, I have gotten these before and there was never a problem. The lady then asks if I made some purchases at Ashley Stewart. Now, I have no idea what that is. And then she said there was two. One was 200 and one was 300. I couldn't believe it. The lady told me to go to the bank Monday morning and that she was putting a cancel order on the cards so that they could not be used. Now this wasa crazy and I was angry. I could not believe it. Someone had gotten our numbers and was making purchases. Spending my hard-earned money. I jumped on the internet and looked up our account and there is was. Showing around 500 that was pre-authorized and not yet cleared. I got madder. There was nothing I could do about it, so I moved on.

I went to the bank Monday and spent 45 minutes telling them what happended and filling out forms and showing my ID. The person that helped me (who had the same birthday as me, random info learned as she was looking at my ID) said that the person had our PIN number and had no idea how that could happen (usually the perpatrator just runs the card as credit).

The bank tells me that I have to wait 7 to 10 days for a new debit card and 7 to 10 days to get the money put back in to the account. Plus, I now am using my Disney credit card for everything. Not really a problem, I might as well get some extra points from all this happening.

Not a good time. What kind of people really think this is funny. I will no longer laugh at the Friends episode where Monica gets ripped off and then meets the person that did it and wants to be their friend. I have worked too hard to get in a good financial situation for me and my family for something like this to happen. This person needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law - it they get caught.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would not be so mad if you saw what I was buying at Ashley Stewarts.

Anonymous said...

Now this is not nice at all. It is not funny. It is not cool. This is real life where things like this should not be joked about. You want to be known as someone that steals from someone else? Loser.