Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gifts for May Birthdays

On Sunday while my parents and brother's family were at the house we celebrated birthdays for Wesman and Addison. It is also my Dad's birthday in May, and we did let him blow a candle out of the ladybug cake, we will give him his present on his actual birthday - which is soon. For Addison we got a koala bear stuffed animal. I liked it so I got it for her. For Wesman we got some coloring books and a how to tell time book. We also gave my borther's entire family (even though I doubt my brother and his wife will use it) our kids art desk. It is pretty cool, has a small chair and lamp. We got it for the kids 4 or 5 years ago for Christmas and Chloe and Jordan are too big for it now - they need a real desk for their work.

Giving the desk away is all part of moving Jordan upstairs and getting rid af some of the toys that are impractical for our kids. We do like to have some younger kid toys for when family/friends come over, but we cannot dedicate our entire house to it.

It was hilarious trying to get the desk home though, Ry-Ry had to move car seats around and have kids ride with Mom and Dad to their house and then leave the desk for my Dad to bring the rest of the way to their house later this week.

Have fun with the desk, but don't fight over it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne says - keep us out of your blog! We got the desk home (Anne made it fit in the van with all the kids) and the kids have not gotten off it yet. Thanks - they love it. Ryan & Anne & Fam