Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Great Debaters

Another night, another movie. Watched The Great Debaters last night. Not really though, I was blogging while Diana watched it. I saw the last little bit after I finished blogging, and it was OK. I do not want to really talk much about a show that I did not watch all the way through. I will give it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.

**START SPOILERS**

This is a show about a debate team from a black college in Texas and how they come from nowhere to become one of the greatest debate teams in the country. They go through a lot of discrimination and the team finally gets a match against Harvard, the greatest debate team in the country at the time.

The team ends up winning the debate and everyone is happy. There is a side plot with Denzel and some sharecroppers trying to form a union. Forest Whitaker works at the college and is the parent of one the of the debaters.

**END SPOILERS**

This movie is not bad, there is just not a lot of suspense. You know they will win, you know everyone will end up happy, you are just watching the show to see how it all happens.

No comments: