Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Speaker Training

On Monday I had speaker training at work. It was very good. It was given by Ellen Cahill from Cahill Associates. It was good. Once you see yourself on video giving a presentation it is pretty easy to see what you are not doing right. What I learned is that I might give presentations with boring subject matter and that is OK, I have to try and find a way to weave a story into the presentation. I also learned that I need to hold eye contact longer with people and that will help me slow down my pacing - I usually talk very fast during presentations. I hope with practice and time I can improve my speaking presence. It was a good day at work - just long.

I took the entire work day and did the training so that left a lot of other things undone that I usually work on. So I worked late and then went home and did some more, as well as all the blogging that is going on now.

No comments: