Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day for our family was OK. It was good for Diana. I had gotten muffins and chocolate milk for breakfast. We had to get up early for church, so there really wasn't time to make a big breakfast. We came home from church (where Diana finally got a real flower, not the half-dead in a plastic cup flower she usually gets) and had some tacquitos, which are quickly becoming the families newest food love.

The kids got Diana some general cute kid stuff. Chloe made flowers from pipe cleaners and small poof balls. Those were prett cute and the kitty loves to play with/eat them. We also got Diana three new Precious Moments, which she collects and it has been a while since we had gotten her one (let alone three). I let the kids pick the ones to get her. Chloe picked a Tinkerbell one. Jordan picked one that has a boy giving someone a bouquet of flowers. I gave her one about being a good mom.

For dinner I cooked Salmon for Diana, and I was making brats for the rest of us. The salmon was made to no event. Diana said it was good and that is what is important. I burnt the brats to a crisp and was forced to make macaroni and cheese for everyone else. And I had gotten strawberries and angel food cake for dessert. No one liked my concoction for that either. I had gotten the strawberry glaze to put on the strawberries - and it went over horribly.

Hopefully things will go better next year.

Love you sweetie! You are a great mom!

No comments: