Tuesday, May 13, 2008

41st Post of the Month

Lots of links for tonight.

I posted about the new blackberry bold - but what about the thunder? This phone looks good - but will it have what it needs to take out the iPhone?

I am not doing as much design as I once did, but the new Quark looks pretty good. I am still using version 6.

New Get a Mac ad and Diana loves it.

If you have any of these passwords you should get them changed as soon as possible. Some of these are pretty funny. Who chooses "monkey" as a password?

I have had a TiVO for years and I think everyone should have one. I tell everyone that getting a TiVO will change your life and the reality of just that is finally hitting the TV executives. A lot less people are watching TV when the network wants you to - they are watching it when and where they want. It is time for a new kind of TV and I can feel it coming. Hopefully soon.

Microsoft was laying down this same stuff when they started to develop Vista. Smaller? Less system resources? More promises that Microsoft cannot deliver on.

There are a lot of fun social sites on the web. But how do they make money? That is the question I have always had. Once you give someone something for free, they do not want to have to pay for it. Not ever. If you change to pay - people will leave and find another service that stays free.

This is intersting and I think...why aren't we already doing this? Wind is free and does not burn up the Earth. I know that at my house it is windy every day.

Diana won't be happy that I posted this...but I think that the writer hit most of Oprah's buddies dead on.

Watched American Idol while I was writing this and none of the people were that impressive tonight. Pretty poor I say. The song choices were weird and no one really looked that comfortable.

No comments: