Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Links for today

Here in California ("Kal-E-forn-ya" by the Governator) I had time to read some stories on the internet. Here is the best of what I read today.

The Celtics are in trouble. They would not have won without James Posey, and they lost him because they would not add another year to his deal. They will be kicking themselves next June when they lose in the first or second round. This deal really improves the Hornets. They have quite a team, I see big things for them next year (if they stay healthy).

You should never take money out of your 401(k). Never. I know times are bad for the economy, but just do not do it. The money you lose is just not worth it.

Gil Grissom is leaving CSI? I do not know if I can watch the show once he leaves. I will have to see how they do this. He really is the heart and soul of CSI. When he left last season for like 6 weeks the show got harder to watch. It is good to hear that Sara will be coming back. I do not know how they could bring back the Miniature Killer, but this is TV, so whatever. I do not like Lady Heather so she doesn't matter.

I wonder how long until there is a copycat of this? I am surprised this is the first time that something like this has happened and made a big splash. I am sure there are plenty of people that could go out to the internet and lock down servers and basically hold their company hostage. I think we will see more of this in the future. At least this guy is still getting paid. Is there really not a way to stop paying him until his trial? Nuts.

I love my BlackBerry (you already know this). Something I thought was weird happened a couple weeks ago and I finally had time today to look into it. We call Lesley "LD", but when you type LD on the blackberry it inserts the day. Weird and annoying. I found this story on tips to use your BlackBerry, and it explains the LD thing. I wish there was a way to get rid of it. It is so much easier to type LD then Lesley.

Pandora, the internet radio station is a killer app on the iphone. I got to try and get this on my BlackBerry. I wish that I had it. This is a reason to get the iPhone.

I like jokes, I have a couple that are pretty bad that I can do. Here are some more bad jokes. Really bad.

No comments: