Friday, July 18, 2008

Jelly Belly

Today we went to the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield which is about 40 minutes away. At the factory is a tour, food court, and shop. We left early in the morning so we could be front in line. Cindi kept saying how the line would be bad. Once we got there is did not seem too busy. We got in line for the tour and I saw a sign that talked about how Jelly Belly and Coldstone Ice Cream have joined forces for good. Jelly Belly has created flavors for some of Coldstones flavors. The Jelly Belly people brought around samples of Strawberry Blonde - and it was excellent. It tasted exactly as it should.

We started the tour and it was pretty good. I found out that Buttered Popcorn, one of Diana's favorite, is the number 3 flavor in all of Jelly Belly land. The tour showed how flavors are created and then made. Did you know that the centers are made and then the shells are added? I thought it was all the same process. It takes 21 days to make Jelly Bellys. The shipping is pretty cool also. I have never seen so many jelly beans at once. There is a huge machine that dumps the jelly beans on a belt. The machine was spilling everywhere. It was funny.

After the tour we went to the shop and I got a BUNCH of jelly beans. I got watermelon for me. Pina Colada and Buttered Popcorn for Diana. Soda Pop and Smoothie for Chloe. I also got some Coldstone flavors. These ones are super good.

Lastly we went to the food court to get food. Chloe and I got a jelly bean shaped pizza. It was really good. My sister and her kids got jelly bean shaped hamburger, jelly bean shaped personal pizza, chicken fingers, onion rings. A lot of good stuff. The food was overpriced, but the tour was free!

As we exited we learned why Cindi wanted to be early as the tour line had passed the one hour marker. It was long. It was busy. It was crazy there. A lot of people like the Jelly Belly tour. Here are some pics of our fun day:


No comments: