Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight

You need to stop reading this now and go see this movie!

Rarely does a movie live up to the hype. This movie exceeds the hype. It is everything promised and more. The only real sticking point is how come Katie Holmes did not come back to reprise her role as Rachel Dawes. I am not a Maggie Gyllenhal fan (not that I am a huge Katie Holmes fan either), so that was weird.

Heath Ledger was incredible. There was not one point where I said, "That is Heath Ledger." He is soooooo different from anything he has done before. This role really seems to have driven him mad, and I can see why.

I want to tell you so much, but I do not want to give it away. Just know that when you go you will be very happy. The movie is over 2 and half hours, but it does not feel long. You do not need treats or a drink or anything that will have you looking away from the screen at any point. This movie is action or it is the plot moving along.

The Dark Knight is above and beyond anything anyone has tried to do before with a comic book movie. This movie is epic, and it feels that way too. The Dark Knight leaves you wanting more and I cannot wait to see what Christopher Nolan does next with the Batman franchise. I hope Penguin is never in another Batman movie, but I would like to see Nolan's take on Catwoman and the Riddler. Jim Carrey was good as the Riddler, but a darker turn would be interesting.

No comments: