Friday, July 4, 2008

Golden Girls

Why is it that Golden Girls is still so good? Some older shows are just horrible - but Golden Girls rocks. Diana and I were watching it and I just could not believe how funny/great it still was. I think I have seen every episode, but they are still fun to watch. Golden Girls has a pretty good formula. The girls talk in the kitchen, have a small fight, talk it out, everyone loves each other, end of show. The writers just gave Blanche and Rose different stories to tell in each episode and the girls fight about different stuff or different people each week. Back in the day making this show was like printing money. It is hard to believe that it was a number 1 show when it was on, but it was, and people still love it today. Don't tell me you are not singing the theme song to yourself right now.

Thank you for being a friend.
Travel down the road and back again.
Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant.

And if you threw a party, invited everyone you ever knew.
You would see the biggest gift would be from me.
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.

No comments: