Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One Brown, One Black

If you made it out of your house with matching shoes, you did better than me today!

I left the house (a little bit later than usual) this morning and got in the car. I had to stop to get gas. I get out of the car at Costco and start pumping the gas. While the car is filling up I walk around to the front of the car and think, "My shoes feel weird." I look down and see that I am wearing one brown shoe and one black shoe. I couldn't believe it. Now I was wondering what I needed to do. Do I go home and change? Do I go to work with shoes that do not match? What would you do? I was already running late, and I had stopped to get gas. I had a meeting at 9am, so I could not be late. I didn't think I had time to get back home (Costco is more than half way to my work). I was stumped. I guess I could wear unmatching shoes, but then I would be wondering all day, "Is she laughing at my joke, or the fact that I am wearing unmatching shoes? I will never know." I spend some time wondering if people will even notice, I mean, your shoes are under your desk for a lot of the day. This might not even be a big deal. I am sure people have been to work with shoes that don't match and everything worked out. Maybe.

I do not want to belabor the point any further. I have made a choice. I decided to stop at the WalMart by my work and pick up some shoes. I was thinking DSW (there is one by my work) but there is no way it is open before 9am. I get to the WalMart and get my shoes. My stupidity has now cost me $21. I do like the new shoes.

I suck.

No comments: