Friday, April 11, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday me and Diana watched two movies, yes, we stayed up late. Here are my reviews for both movies.

Walk Hard

This movie was a waste of my time and will never get the two hours this movie lasted back. That is time that is just gone. There was no redeeming quality in this movie and wasting any more bits on it would be a travesty.

There Will Be Blood

Daniel Day Lewis was excellent in this movie. The only problem was that there really wasn't a story, or at least a story that I cared about. I was really just hoping it would be over soon the whole time I watched it. In the movie things would happen, time would pass, there would be no consequences, new things would happen, kids grew up, money was made, oil was found, nothing really happened. They should have showed more of how the money was made. What they did with the money. Maybe reasons why the son hated the father more and more as the son got older. They should have shown what happened to Eli while he was gone. And what about Paul, the other brother? Should have had more of him. And when Roger (the fake brother) showed up, the first thing I said was, "that is not his real brother." This movie had promise, it just never filled that promise.

Good news: I rented Atonement and Sweeney Todd today, so I should have a review of those coming up. Also, tomorrow is Scout-O-Rama, I will publish some pictures once I get home.

No comments: