Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Must Post

It has been a while, so I figure it is time to post. The last couple days have been crazy so there hasn't been time to post. A couple things that have been going on: My dad had a heart arrhythmia Sunday night/Monday morning. It looks like he is going to be OK. He has an appointment with the cardiologist next Tuesday. Me and my brother spent some time with the parents on Monday night to make sure everything was OK and to give him a blessing. Tuesday night we had Webelos and finished up the citizen activity pin. So now Jordan basically needs just the Fitness pin and time served for his Webelos badge, and then we will focus on the Arrow of Light. I also watched Sweeney Todd, here is the review:

Sweeney Todd

To be fair, I never really knew this story, never saw the play, heard the music, anything. I just knew that Todd killed people as a barber and then his friend turned them into Meat Pies. And I learned all this by watching Jersey Girl. So I feel bad in saying that I could tell the entire story as every new person and scene came up. At the beginning when Todd gets to London, I knew the boy that was with him would be an interal part of the story. I knew that the crazy lady was his wife and I knew that the daughter would fall in love with the boy. And I knew that the younger boy would end up killing Todd in the end. Not very good. And the gore was over the top as Todd killed people. The only good part was when people would slide out of his chair and into the bakehouse to be made into meat pies. They would all land head first and just crumple. It reminds me of Wii boxing. See a wii-boxing video below.

Overall, this movie was just not that good. I guess if you liked the play or the book or whatever, you would probably like the movie. If you do not like Sweeney Todd, but you like Johnny Depp, you might like this movie. If you don't like either of those things, you probably won't like this movie. I give it 2 stars (out of 5), and I don't really know of any way they could have made it better. Just so you know, that is not my Wii boxing video.

No comments: