Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More Saturday Night & Sunday Mornings

Good evening.

After the 1500 word epic post of the "regular" Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings I was thinking of taking a night off. But now that I learned there are many of you waiting with baited breath on my posting, I can't take a night off. I am in, all the way in. I am now a blogger. Enough of this, let's talk Counting Crows.

Sessions (Bonus Track): Love this song. It is great. I think there is a general idea that I like all Counting Crows songs, but I don't. I like this song because it is good. I pay my bills and get my thrills. This is real rock-country. A lot of people that you talk to think CC is whiney, but if you really listen to this album (and if you have ever seen them live) then you know that they rock. I take my pills and live my nights alone.

There Goes Everything (Pre-Order Bonus): The music seems like an acoustic version of Sessions. There Goes Everything tumbling down all over me. I wonder about these bonus songs, these are songs that the artist does not think are good enough to be on the album, but their fans clamor to get their hands on them. I don't really know what to think about this song. I like it, but it is hard to describe why. Some of it is based on me liking CC. The other part is that I have always been someone that listens to the lyrics of a song, and will like a song based wholly on lyrics.

Come Around (Acoustic): Now, I love Come Around, and I like the acoustic version even more. It takes me back to when I saw CC at the Usana Ampitheatre and they talked about how because there was so many bands there was no room for equipment and they were going to do an acoustic set. Well, after playing two or three quiet acoustic songs they start rocking out with all their lights/equipment. I think I was the only one in the audience thinking, "didnt they say they were doing an acoustic set?" By the way, this concert was CC, Maroon 5, and make me throw up John Mayer. I left before John Mayer even got on stage. Back to this song. I like any CC song with a nice "nah, nah" and Adam even adds a "shake it, shake it." The answer is yes, I like this song.

Sunday Morning LA (Bonus Song): Now this is one of those songs that people say are too whiney. Well, listen to this song, they are whiney. But that doesnt mean it is bad. This is a good song, but not a 5 star song, I would go with 4.5. It is great, and keep listening. You think it is going to be all slow, well, it gets a little rocky and really good at the 2:30 mark. What makes CC so great to me is that they can do fast and slow, and they can do it in the same song, within a couple lines of each other even.

Well, that is it. That is my thoughts on six years waiting CD. I love it. The bonus songs were definately worth the extra $2. I just need CC to get to Salt Lake this year (which isnt happening). Me and the wife are planning on going to Phoenix in September (around our anniversary) to see a show. My first travel for CC. I wish they were in Prague while I was there this year (probably not happening).

No comments: