Saturday, April 12, 2008

Scout O Rama

Today was Scout O Rama and me and Jordan went and volunteered for an hour. We then went and walked around for 45 minutes. There was some fun stuff and some stuff that sucked. Overall, there was a lot of scouts just getting crazy. Our pack had a chinese new year theme. We had a great looking dragon poster for the background and a chinese game. The game has 4 strings with a dragon plaque on each. The string is then tied through another board. You then try to move the plaque from one end of the string to the other. It is a fun game, until you get the hang on it, and then it is easy.



After Scout O Rama me and Jordan went to Costco, my favorite store. We had to return a cutter I had bought Diana. She didn't want it becuase it was gray - she has seen a purple one that she wants before. So, we returned that and then got some lunch. Pizza and a churro. It was some good pizza, I had combo, Jordan had pepperoni. After that we decided to get some toliet paper and go sample all the free stuff Costco has on Saturdays. I went to look as cell phones (Diana wants a Pearl) and decided that I would get her one. Am I just not the nicest husband ever? After making the deal for the phone I was walking to the cash register and lo and behold - there was Littlkins. Littlekins works at Burton Group with me. She actually replaced me when I moved up to Program Manager, and her cube is right outside my office, so we see each other a lot. We chatted as we walked up to the register. We said goodbye to Littlkins and went to pick up the phone. After that we went and snacked around Costco. I don't usually do this, but Jordan likes to get a sample of everything. I got a something if I liked it, but I did not try the spinach tortellini or the seafood sampler they had - and some others. Jordan would make us go back if something wasn't there. He is a hard core food sampler. He needs to gain the weight so why not, right? After Costco we ran to WalMart. Diana had emailed me a list of things we needed (another great thing the Curve can do for you). We got through the list except a couple things, went to the checkstand and there was no line! Now, if you have gone to Walmart on a Saturday afternoon you know that the lines are usually huge. We literally walked right up to the checker and started putting our stuff on the conveyor belt. It was awesome. After WalMart we had to run to Albertsons to get a couple things for Diana. Cereal - they were having a 10 for $25 sale. Most of the cereals were gone so I got Golden Grahams and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Two kinds that our family loves, but most other families must not like because they were still left. Diana wanted to build up our food storage of cereal, and this sale seemed like a good way to do it. I also got Halibut portions becuase they were on sale for $6.99. Diana tells me that is a good deal. I have no idea. The sign did say that you saved $3. I got four of the halibut filets. I go to this checkstand and the checker rings me up...over $60. But after I give her my phone number for the "preferred customer" discounts (do you think they turn someone down for the sales if they say they don't have a preferred customer card? That would be hilarious, but I am sure the checker just gives them the deals anyways. Once my preferred card deals go through it costs around $40. So, overall today, I spent a lot of money, but got a lot of good deals.

Last thing, to get Diana's phone for FREE, which was my ultimate goal, we had to add a line to our Tmobile service ($9.99/month). Then we got the Pearl for free. Awesome. Now the kids can have a phone when they go to friends houses or out by themselves, but not to school. We will never let our kids take a phone to school, they just do not belong there. Anyways, Diana has a Pearl now, I hope she is happy. I just got it set up for internet and email as well. I am sending files back and forth between my Curve and her Pearl. I love technology.

No comments: