Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Jordan Update

Jordan had tubes put in both ears and a paper patch in his right ear to repair a hole (4th try for that by the way). The surgery went good. We got there plenty early. Thanks honey for insisting we leave at 6:30 to get downtown by 7:30. And Jordan got through the surgery well. Because of his muscualr dystrophy they cannot use nitrus oxide to get Jordan to sleep. They do it by IV, and he hates that part of the surgery, the rest of it is fine. The IV sleep meds seem to work great (they have done this the last few surgeries) and Jordan seems to bounce back faster now. I don't know the name of the IV sleep meds, the anesthesiologist (that might not be spelled right) just called it "the white stuff". Whatever it is. I like it. Well, actually I don't think I have ever had it, but I like when Jordan has it.

After the surgery all seemed well. Jordan quickly devoured an ice pop and they sent us home. We had rented Mr Magoriums Wonder Emporium and Alvin and the Chipmunks for Jordan to watch while he recuperated. Don't worry, I am not going to give full reviews for either of these movies. I will just say MMWE is good 4 out of 5 stars, but I don't think it is one for a lot of rewatching and AATC is ok 2.5 out of 5 stars. I just do not like cheesy movies like this, but Theodore is way cute in the movie, so there is all I want to say about that.

We are at home at Jordan seemed fine. He asks us to be quiet and turn off the movie. He is getting a head ache. We give him some motrin, but he just throws that up. We try some Sprite and a couple other small snacks and he throws those up. Now he is really complaining about his head. Diana lays down with him and rubs his back/tummy and he is OK. But you must be completely quiet. I am in the kitchen working and Diana comes in once in a while when Jordan will let her. Or she would text me to come in and take her place so she could have a break. I will tell you that boy gets ornery when he does not feel good.

Last night was also Pack Meeting for Jordan and we were hoping to go. Jordan was getting his Citizen and Fitness pin as well as the Citizen and Geology belt loops. All of that is a little more than a month working with him, and both of those are required for the Webelos badge. Hopefully we will have the Webelos badge soon. Well, Jordan wasn't going so I let the Cub Master know, she was disappointed, but I am not leaving my kid home alone when he just had surgery and doesn't feel good, so I don't feel bad at all about it.

Well, Jordan was up late and couldn't sleep. I ended up on the floor becuase that kid moves too much and I had to get some sleep to be ready for work today. I slept fine on the floor, just woke up more often than usual.

Jordan seems good today. He stayed home from school for safety, we don't want to send him and then have him throw up sometime during first period, that would not be good.

Jordan's chinese teacher did call him to see how he was doing and that was nice. Mrs. Hawker, I take away some of the not so nice things I say to people about you.

Anyways, Jordan is going to school tomorrow. Hopefully all is well.

We still need to find where these head aches are coming from.

No comments: