Saturday, June 21, 2008

Notes from Today

Who are these people that get departure/arrival gate 1 or 2? Today when I left Salt Lake my departure gate was the very furthest one from the entrance of the airport. When I landed in San Diego I was once again as far from the front as I could be. Crazy. I do not think I have ever had a departure/arrival gate that was below 7. Crazy.

Being a temp worker would be weird for me. Always going somewhere else. Work always at the whim of someone else. Never really know what was going on. We had like 8 temps today and they loved the work (very easy, stuffing bags). The problem is, they did too good of a job and now we do not need all 8 of them tomorrow. They did too good - so they actually lost work. We are getting a couple temps to stuff badges, but that is easy work. Then some of the other temps will come back on Sunday to work the registration desk for us.

I was talking to LD and Littlkins yesterday about Catalyst and how it makes you really think about who you work with. If someone gets on your nerves when you see them for 30 minutes of an 8 hour day, what happens when you spend 15 hours a day with the person? I think you learn how to act like you enjoy someones company when you really don't.

At the game tonight there was a family of 4 (mom, dad, little girl, little boy). The little boy was too small to be at a baseball game. He was making noise, moving around, almost fell out of his chair at one point. The mom got sick of telling the dad to watch him, so she just stopped watching him too. He kept hitting or kicking me. What do you do in a situation like this? The kid does not know better, but it is very annoying. I just leaned forward where he would not hit me. What would you have done?

Jordan made a smore dessert. Why do they do this after I leave? Why couldn't he make this yesterday when I could have had it? Here is a pic:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At first with the whole family of four thing, I thought you were going to talk about how they reminded you of our small family but then you went into a rant about a little kid~very surprising. You are usually a very kid oriented person. I guess not when it's interfering with baseball.
As for the desseret, we have been sparing you the temptations because we know how dedicated you've been to your new healthy lifestyle!