Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday

Today was Wednesday. Wednesday is almost over for me. Wednesday was also day two of general sessions for Catalyst Conference Europe 2008 in Prague. It was another great day. I am really having a good time here in the CZ. I really need to get home though. It is tough to be gone so long with the 8 hour time difference.

This morning I helped get the room coordinators off for the day. I even had time for breakfast before sessions started. I then took the time to work! Actual work. I was copying SharePoint lists like a madman. I copied 6 different lists that have a lot of items in them - one of them had over 80. This took all day (I am sure being in Europe caused some latency). I am doing this to complete my automated production workflows. Today was a very big part of what needed to get done. All I have left to do is apply the created workflows to the correct lists now and I am golden. Golden in this case means that I am done. I do not know if I will have the time to get this done tomorrow. Tomorrow is the last day of general sessions, and it is a half-day. I also like to spend the time after the break taking things down and letting the people start packing. Packing is hard in Europe, it all needs to be taken care of very carefully because of Customs. KBeard is getting very good at it. We will see if I get any SharePoint time in. Nevertheless, I plan on finishing early next week.

Other things that happened today was talking with some of the analysts, watching a couple sessions, averting one disaster (with mic's; our AV team, once again, did not get us enough mic's), and fixing another disaster. Let me go through these items one at a time.

Watching a couple sessions. I do not think I sat through one complete session, but I do enjoy watching parts of sessions. It is very informative. I sit for 10 or 15 minutes and then move on to the next room. I do this for many reasons, one is because I like to check on the room coordinators. Another is to see different presenting styles, and sometimes, I just want to hear the content.

I did not really divert a disaster today, I just spoke with AV about our mic situation and then we decided how the mics should be handed out to each person that was on stage. At the end of the day today we had a 7 and 6 person roundtable. We used every mic in both rooms to pull these off.

There was another disaster that I had to fix. I do not think it will be a big deal. Hopefully. I spoke to my boss and he is cool with it. If you want more information send me an email or a shout out and I will let you know. This is something that I should not blog about.

I also spoke with a bunch of analysts today as the day went on. It was fun. The pressure is leaving and people are starting to have a good time. It will be sad to leave, and there is not another Catalyst until late next July, but there is plenty of work to be done by then.

For dinner I went with a group to a tourist trap in the town square and had a great tasting Pfeffersteak. I have no idea what it is, but it was good. I am now back in the office printing agendas and announcements and then I am going to bed.

Catch you tomorrow!

No comments: