Friday, October 10, 2008

Question of the Day

This is a new feature I want to start on the blog. I ask a question, put my brief thoughts, and then open it up to all you (all 7 of my loyal readers) to discuss.

Is it OK to rent a movie and then rip it to my iPod, as long as I get rid of it within a reasonable time frame?

To me, this is OK. When I rent the movie I get it for a certain amount of time. Just because I am not going to watch it on the TV does not mean that I should not be able to watch it on a different medium. If you say this is wrong then is it OK to take a movie on vacation and play it in a portable DVD player or in your car? What about projecting the movie in your backyard for friends and family? I will remove the video from my iPod and delete it, I just want to "rent" it for a week, what is the matter with that?

1 comment:

Diana said...

You already know my thoughts on this and I am anxious to see what your "loyal readers" say.

All of your options (taking it on vacation, projecting in the backyard) are completely different than ripping it to your iPod. You are taking it off the disc, where all the other options you are using the disc as it is meant to be used. My second arguement in this, is that it is more than likely you will "forget" to delete it when you have watched it the one time. Turning you into a thief!