Friday, October 10, 2008

Last Yard Work of the Year?

Yesterday I mowed the front yard. Tonight I mowed the back. Could this be that last time for the year? It is supposed to snow tomorrow. Diana wants me to mow again before I leave for Prague. Hopefully we get like three feet, then there is no way I can mow again.

I hate yard work. My main problem is that you have to do it all the time. You can spend hours on a weekend making sure it is all perfect, but then you end up having to do it all again next week. No matter how good a job you do, the grass grows and the weeds come up.

I do not have a good lawn mower, either. A couple years ago the motor that pushed the mower broke. Now I have to push the mower, and it is a heavier mower because it is supposed to be self-propelled. Tonight while I mowed one of the back wheels kept sticking. Then I was not only pushing, I was dragging the mower.

The problem with all this is that I cannot complain to my wife about this because she tells me to hire someone and I am too cheap. Maybe if I got a riding lawn mower I would like the yard work better, but who's got $1,000 in this economy?

No comments: