Saturday, October 11, 2008

Iron Man

Last night Diana and I watched Iron Man on DVD. I have a friend that says Iron Man is better than The Dark Knight. To him, I say, "You, my friend, are incorrect." Iron Man is good fun and I do recommend it to you (3.5 out of five stars...just kidding Ry-Ry; I give Iron Man 4 out of 5 stars). Robert Downey Jr. is the perfect Tony Stark. He plays him perfectly. Gweneth Paltrow is a little out of place as his assistant Miss Potts.

The best part of this movie is the action, and it has plenty. The action scenes are all special effects. Iron Man is just computer generated the entire time, which is fine, he fits in the background really well and his final fight scene with the other robot is really good. It is too bad that they never really explain the Arc Reactor or why it can do what it does.

If you have not seen Iron Man already this summer, you really need to. It is good. If you saw it in the theatre, I thought it transferred really well to my TV screen at home.

There is one quick make-out/sex scene with Leslie Bibb and Robert Downey Jr., you don't really see anything, but Diana and I are debating if we let the kids watch it or not. One of Jordan's friends that is a year younger has already seen it many times, so Jordan really wants to see it. Chloe also wants to watch it. Diana and I will have to make a decision and get back with you.

No comments: