Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Today Was A Good Day

Today was a work day. And it was a good day. I finally got some movies ripped to my iPod Touch. I started with Good Will Hunting and Batman Begins. My first try - a couple days ago was to use Handbrake. Handbrake is supposed to be software that will rip a DVD right into a file that can be loaded onto your iPod. I could never get it to work. The audio was fine, but the video was all broken up. After three tries I gave up. I did some more research and I found out that Handbrake works better on a Mac. I use a PC so that is no good. I finally found another way to rip the files. Here is the link: http://www.anders.com/guides/convert/video/iPod/windows.html. The software has been updated so the screen shots are not exact, and it takes HOURS to get everything done. The files end up being HUGE. Both movies are about 2GB. The picture is crisp and gorgeous. Better than TV or a movie theatre. If you want to rip movies to your iPod - you should do it, it is pretty easy. After I got that done I went to work, which with the Europe conference coming up things are a bit crazy for me, which is good, I like the end rush excitement. Many things to get done before I go. I fly next Wednesday and am gone for 9 days. I, of course, will be blogging the whole thing and will be reviving "Things Overheard At Catalyst," everyone's favorite feature when I travel.
Jordan had an Orthodontist appointment today to, so I took him. That was fun and there was good stuff there too, but Diana wants to announce that, so keep checking her blog for a MAJOR family announcement.
If you need help converting DVDs for your iPod, give me a shout-out.

No comments: