Saturday, August 2, 2008

Today I Did...

At midnight I was at the WalMart getting the new Stephanie Meyer book (Diana has been reading all day). You can feel like you get a lot done when you are doing something at midnight, when officially I think I would have to count that as something I did yesterday and not really today.

Chloe had wanted to sign up for soccer with a friend and that was at 9AM, so me and the kids headed over there. Chloe was too old to be on her one friends team (these girls are maybe 8 months age difference, but the soccer league goes by school year), so she looked at the teams that were in her age group and saw another friends name. She was happy to be doing this. It is a pretty big time investment for Diana and I. Practices will be Tuesdays at 5:30 (almost the same time as Webelos) and then games are Saturday at 4:30PM. If you want to come to a game let me know and I can give you the address of where they play. She will play until October 25th. That is quite a while. Chloe was happy she got to do this. Jordan can't play a lot of sports because he cannot take a shot to the face. We stopped and got him McDonalds to cheer him up.

I needed to finish setting up my office, I had not done anything in months. We had Jordan upstairs, but his dressers were still in the living room. I started moving things out of his room and taking them downstairs. Thanks to Diana for actually cleaning everything off, so I just had to move the big stuff. The kids helped and before we knew it it was noon. We were getting ready to go to the store to get a present for a birthday party Chloe was going to today at 3PM, except that the party actually started at noon. Diana got a reminder on her phone. We ran to the store and got the present and dropped Chloe off. Jordan and I continued to move stuff downstairs or into Diana's scrapbooking room until it was time to pick up Chloe.

We pick Chloe up and have a couple errands to run. We stop at Blockbuster to get some new movies, you will hear more about these when I review them. I also stopped at Radio Shak to get a wireless USB stick to install in Diana's new computer. We go to WalGreens to pick up some prescriptions. We got one for FREE, I do not know why, the girl just said that the insurance was picking up the whole cost this time and next time it would be its regular $10. Lastly we stopped at Chloe's dance to see when she will having dance this fall. She got assigned Thursday nights.

Once we got home I continued to do things that I have been meaning to do for a while. I got Diana's computer all set up. I am typing these blogs on it now, with a USB stick as wireless adapter. It is pretty cool, and better than having to install a wireless card. Works great. I also got the Wii onto the internet. Now I can start playing Mario Kart against people online as well as I can now buy old games like Super Mario Bothers to play on the Wii. Diana and I love the old Mario games and I am sure we will own them all soon. I did set the parental controls on the Wii so there could not be internet surfing downstairs without supervision and the kids will need a code to buy anything.

Under Diana's desk where the computer is she has a foot massager. It is cool, but I am not a big fan of foot massages. When I stand up after using it for a while my feet feel really weird. I think I have almost worn out the batteries today.

That has been the day so far. I still need to move Jordan's dressers to him room, I think I will do that as soon as I am done with this. I am installing software on Diana's desktop, so I have time to get up and do things between install commands.

With all this typing today you would think I get paid by the word.

Diana is getting close to being done with the book.

No comments: