Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rebuttal from Production

LD in production as work commented this on my Geek Update post:
You are so full of crap! Production has workflow! You make it sound like the entire Production team has no direction and is running amuck! It's good that Production has you to save us.

I do not think LD read the whole post. This is what I said:
Production process in SharePoint. Currently, our Production team has no workflow within their processes. I am going to add the workflow. Production uses a system called Bedrock and they also enter all their info into SharePoint. Hopefully by the end of the quarter Bedrock will only be needed for upcoming research and publishing, SharePoint will handle the rest.

What I put is the truth. Production pushes a button and then a person sends an email to alert someone to do something else. My objective is to try and take out the extra work (sending emails and all the double work that is done in Bedrock and SharePoint currently). I do not know why LD got so emotional over all this, I never said production was running amok (she did), I said there is not a workflow in their processes (which in itself says they have a process and follow it), which it 100% true. As far as saving production with my work; no, I am just trying to take some extra work off their hands and hopefully help the company out at the same time.

There you go, feel free to comment how you need to.

No comments: