Saturday, August 30, 2008

LINKS

Comcast, my service provider, is capping usage at 250 GB. I do not know if that is good or not. Comcast says the average user is using 2 or 3 GB. But, I have no idea what I actually use. I wish they would let me know before they started this program. I do not think I use that much bandwidth, but without someone letting me know I will never know. I think the cap is a good idea - but give me more info on it.

Nintendo is making BIG bucks on the Wii. The Wii is, and will be for the forseeable future the number one gaming console. Nintendo has just raised their income projections for this year. I will be spending money on The Force Unleashed when it comes out on Sept. 16, and I am sure I will buy some games for Christmas this year, so Nintendo will be getting my money, like most other people. Ohhh, here is the trailer for The Force Unleashed.

Microsoft is getting ready to release the next version of Internet Explorer. I really just care about securtiy after my computer and Diana's got some malware/bugs in the last few weeks. I like IE more than Firefox, especially once IE added tabs. The new tabs seem cool too. I just like to say that IE crashes a lot. At least once or twice a day I crash, and it pisses me off.

I have talked about the new iPhone and how it is not that great. Rivals of AT&T are just like me and they want to bad-mouth the iPhone too!

Apple is getting ready for a busy next couple of months. New iPods, new laptops, new iMacs. I hope they hit the ball out of the park on this one. I am already slated to get the new iPod Touch, whatever it ends up being. I have heard rumors of an iPod Touch that is Bluetooth capable, but it seems now that Apple will save that for a different and new hand-held device. I will still get one. Diana wants my old iPod Touch.

I hate all the crap software you get on a new PC. PC makers think it is good because they get paid for having this crap on their machines, but everyone hates it. When you get a new computer it takes you 3 days just to delete everything and download updates to the software you actually use. It is a huge time-waster. But new computers are cool.

No comments: