Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Monday Night

Monday night the family went shopping. We had to get Chloe her soccer gear. We went to Team Gear to get the 20% discount the West United Soccer has with them. We got Chloe some cool white Nike soccer shoes. Some dark red socks (her team color is red) and some shin guards (they were red as well, but they get covered up by socks so the color is not that important). We also let Jordan pick a ball for Chloe to use.

After Team Gear we went to Shopko to look at/get Jordan bedroom furniture. It has been 3 or 4 months with Jordan on the floor. Diana gave away his bed. I will let her tell the story on her blog if she wants to (this is some great cross promotion). I had looked at the furniture a week or so ago and thought it was fine. Shopko was having a 40% off sale on the furniture so we got him everything. It was a good deal.

Once we had the furniture picked out we needed to get a comforter and sheets and pillows and all that stuff. As soon as we really started shopping Chloe found some things she needed as well (for school, a bookbag and shoes, as well as some t-shirts for soccer practice). Needless to say we spent a pretty penny at the Shopko.

We paid and got all the furniture (I have to put it together) and went out to the car. To get everything in I had to do a lot of pushing and shoving and moving and sliding and squishing. It was pretty interesting. I finally got everything in the car that we bought, but did not leave any room for people. At this point I was thinking of having the family wait for me to go home, unload and then come back and get them. Not to fear, I got Chloe and Jordan in the back, no belt buckles and the new mattress was on top of them. Jordan loved it. Chloe did not like "breaking the law." The front seat was leaning forward and pushed all the way forward. I tried to get in and let Diana drive. I could not get my butt and legs in, I was too tall. I helped Diana get in and we were ready to drive the three miles home. I could not see behind me (stuff stacked to the roof), or to my right (Diana was all the way forward in my sightline). It was a great drive. Good thing it was not rush hour.

We made it home safe and unloaded the car. Jordan's furniture is heavy.

Now I just got to get it all put together.

No comments: