Thursday, September 11, 2008

Links for 11PM

iTunes 8 can break your Windows Vista! Do not upgrade if you have Vista. People are reporting either a blue screen of death or your CD/DVD drives will disappear.

Microsoft recently cut the price of the Xbox (the cheapest version) and now it is flying off the shelves. I have no interest in an Xbox, but I could be talked into a Playstation 3 (for the BluRay drive).

If you like your SVG graphics be careful. Internet Explorer cannot view them without a plug-in and Adobe is ceasing to support this plug-in starting on Jan. 1, 2009. Thanks, Microsoft. The creator of the internet thinks Microsoft needs to get this fixed right away.

Is OPEC about to fall apart? OPEC supplies about 30% of the worlds oil, and they do not like the recent fall in price (which is still $30 above last year). Saudi Arabia (the worlds largest oil supplier), wants to ensure that everyone that wants oil can get it at a decent price. I think this is pretty good. Split up these oil cartels and see what happens to the price.

Unboxing new iPod Nanos, Touches, and an iPhone. This is pretty cool. These are some really cool gadgets, everytime I see them I want one even more. I do not know how much longer I can last without buying one.

Want to know what to do with your old ZIP drive? Gizmodo has a great idea. I loved my old ZIP drive, but now 100MB is harly anything. Plus, today the cartridges look huge compared to my 1GB flash drive.

The new Microsoft Bill Gate/Seinfefld commercial. These things are super weird and I do not understand what they are supposed to mean.

No comments: