Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Color Purple and The Natural

Recently, Diana and I got a couple older (classic?) movies from Blockbuster online to watch. There are not a lot of good new movies that are out right now.

We rented The Color Purple and The Natural. I had seen The Natural as a kid, and it is still really good. It has a good story, though it is a little transparent. Also, what kind of injury could kill a baseball player. There are some hugely fat guys, completely out of shape that play baseball. I see these dudes dying before a fit Robert Redford. I guess I should say SPOILERS, but everyone has seen this movie, right? I like The Natural and I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

The Color Purple was a great movie. I had never seen it before. I recommend everyone to see it. Whoopi is excellent. Oprah is OK. The whole thing just comes together so well. If there is a book I should probably read it. I guess I will have to look into that. I give The Color Purple 5 out of 5 stars and would like to encourage anyone who has not seen it to pick it up and watch it today!

No comments: