Saturday, May 9, 2009

Wolverine: The Movie

I saw the new Wolverine movie last night. It was pretty OK. Not a great movie, but much better than the last X-Men movie (X3). I have two main problems with the movie. My first is that the language of this movie is just not family friendly. The other X-Men movies I have no problems with the kids watching. The kids will not be watching this movie for quite a while. Sometimes every sentence in a conversation would have some foul language in it. I don't know why. I guess they just wanted the movie to be "edgy" with the language.

My second problem is that they wanted to have an emotional side of the movie and it just got in the way. All very predictable and not very well done. The movie-makers need to stick with what they know how to do, which is have Wolverine kick butt. He does that a lot in the movie. It was very fun to see how Wolverine was "made" and the history of him.

I really did like this movie. I just wish they would have fixed the two items above. I would say go see it and have a fun time at the movie.

Next week, I hope to see Star Trek, we'll see.

No comments: