Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sonicare

As you all know, I got a Sonicare toothbrush system for Diana for Mother's Day. Well, I got the Sonicare at Costco and it was actually a two-pack, so I get a Sonicare to. Yesterday, Diana got the system all setup and ready to be used and this morning I was able to use the Sonicare for the first time. Here is how it went:

I step up to the Sonicare and have no idea how to use. Diana told me that she left the instructions in there for me to read through, but who reads instructions? I pick up the toothbrush and started pushing buttons. I figured out how to turn it on and all that pretty quickly. Seemed easy enough. I put some toothpaste on the end of it and turn it on. Toothpaste went flying everywhere. Hmmmm, that can't be right. I tried to scoop up the toothpaste with my vibrating toothbrush. I could not do a very good job. Finally, I get some scooped up and get it in my mouth. As soon as I put the toothbrush in my mouth it hits my drool nerve and I start drooling like a psycho. I have no idea what is going on and I can't get it to stop. Weird. I haven't drooled for years but this was crazy today. After about 20 seconds and a gallon of drool I decided to give up and go back to my regular toothbrush. Things went fine with the "normal" toothbrush by the way.

Tonight, I decided to give the Sonicare another shot. I still drooled like crazy while brushing, but Diana told me to put the toothbrush (with toothpaste) in my mouth BEFORE turning it on. She said it says that in the instructions. I said, "Who reads instructions?" I got the brush going and actually made it through the two-minute cycle of the brush. My teeth felt weird when I was done and I had to empty a bucket of drool, but all in all it was pretty good.

Diana says the weird teeth feeling goes away after a while (at least the instructions says so). I will just have to go get my drool gland removed and things should be fine.

No comments: