Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today was a day off work so of course I worked all day. Not really. Diana and I got up and finished making jelly rolls and had McDonald's and then we went back to bed. We got up around 11AM(!!!!) and decided we should get stuff done. I had told Diana that I wanted to get the basement clean and especially the storage room. This was quite a project. The kids had completely destroyed the storage room. The basement was not that bad, except we let the kids sleep downstairs last night so there was some cleaning to do.

We went downstairs before noon and finished up around 7PM. That is quite a job. We did take a break around 3 to watch an hour of "So You Think You Can Dance" which has started up again. We filled up our garbage cans as well as filling up the Pathfinder with stuff to take to the DI.

It was quite a day. I am tired, my back hurts, but I can walk through my storage room without trying to squeeze past items. We also straightened out the food storage and took an inventory of all our food and freezer items.

After cleaning all day I started up the BBQ and cooked cheddar brats and cheeseburgers. Diana cooked up the waffle fries. I made my special fry sauce (no, I will not be listing the recipe) and we chowed down. We also had a fruit plate and a veggie tray. It was quite a meal. For dessert we had Island Sorbet from Costco. These were pretty good (if I liked sorbet I would probably love them). The sorbet is actually in a fruit cup. I had mango-orange and it was actually in an orange peel. If you like sorbet pick one up and try it out.

After dinner was over I fixed Jordan's bike. He had a brake problem, the front brakes would not release. I unhooked the brake wire and unwrapped it from the steering wheel and then re-hooked everything up. I then pumped up Jordan's back tire. Chloe's front tire needed some air so I filled it up to. Chloe has a YW bike ride this Saturday. I will have to see if the tire stays full or I will need to put a patch on the tube before then. I have a busy week so I will see if I have time. I will be patching up the tire at 10PM some night.

Thanks to all the veterans out there that fought for our freedom. That is what Memorial Day is all about.

And this is just the beginning to the week...much more to come.

No comments: