Monday, May 25, 2009

Jelly Rolls

I do not know if you have ever had a jelly roll before. These were one of those things that Diana just comes to me with and says we are going to make these. I look at the recipe and say I don't know, I have never heard of these before. I am always very doubtful. I even told Diana, "If Heavenly Father wants us to go to IHOP tomorrow these won't turn out." You see, the kids had been begging to go to IHOP this morning for breakfast as a "tradition" (we went to IHOP on a Memorial Day like 3 or 4 years ago, I think I need to teach the kids what a tradition is).

Back to the main story: I should trust Diana when she does this as she rarely does not come through. Most of the time these recipes are some of the best food I ever eat. When I woke up this morning and walked into the kitchen the rolls looked perfect and smelled great! I slid the pan in the oven for 15 minutes and once the rolls came out it was eating time. Everyone loved them.

The jelly rolls took some time to put together but they sure were worth it! I can't wait until the next time we make them!

No comments: