I have posted some of these before, but I added more information on each item. This came from Facebook. Have fun learning a little bit more about me.
1. When I first met my wife and her friends I had them convinced my middle name was "S". This was not for like a week or two, this was for months.
2. My Uncle Mike rigged a drawing so I could get Optimus Prime (the main Transformer) for Christmas (this happened when I was a kid). My uncle managed an Arctic Circle that was giving the toy away.
3. I created the term "ridonkulous," which is something even more than ridiculous. Ask anyone, this is true. I have been using the term for years but now I have been hearing it everywhere. Other words/phrases I have created: "Golden" (as in “I’m Golden”) which means something good has happened; "Cool Beans" which was my newest and greatest phrase, but I heard it on a TV show last week. Isn't there any creativity in Hollywood anymore? Stop following me around.
4. My first two cars were both 1989 Nissan Sentras. One was a white two door and the other was blue (with a black hood) hatchback. I wrecked the white one, my Dad borrowed the blue one the day the timing belt went out. Sucks for him.
5. I had my daughter sleep in an Easter basket for her first few months of life. Chloe was born 10 weeks early and she was very tiny. Instead of putting her in a basinet or crib, we kept her close by in a small basket.
6. I really hate chewing gum. Nothing is more poetic than in the Johnny Depp remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when Willy Wonka says “Chewing gum is really gross, chewing gum I hate the most.”
7. I am the world's greatest cheese grater. I do not like to get my cheese pre-grated at the store. I do not like to have a processor grate my cheese. It must be hand-grated by me. When I grate cheese it is a glorious thing to behold.
8. I have the least read blog in the world. You can find my blog here: http://mattroblyer.blogspot.com. My blog is basically just a rundown of my days where I freely share all the stupid things that I do.
9. My favorite band is Counting Crows. I have seen them live 6 times – one was a secret show for Novell Brainshare. Some of my favorite Counting Crow music is Round Here, Baby, I’m a Big Star Now, 40 Years, Los Angeles, Kid Things, and Speedway.
10. I have had 5 great blessings in my life. They are: The day I met Diana; the day Diana became my wife; the day Chloe was born; the day Diana and I were sealed for time and all eternity; and lastly, the day Jordan was born
11. I had a college professor that HATED me. Not because I did anything, but because he had a son named Matt that he would complain about during class. He would then take out his aggression on me. I would raise my hand to comment or answer a question and he would completely ignore me. He even told me that I was going to fail his class and I should quit. This was the best B- I ever got.
12. I have seen Boyz II Men in concert. Not one of my better memories.
13. While growing up I always told people that I would never leave the good old USA, but now that I have been to Europe (for work) a couple times I cannot wait to do even more travelling.
14. I loved watching Chloe and Jordan’s face the first time they flew on a plane. When we took off they both tried to look brave, but you could tell in their minds they were thinking, “I’m flying! I’m flying! I’m flying? What the heck?”
15. My favorite TV shows ever are: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel (a Buffy spinoff), Seinfeld, Friends, LOST, How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls and 24.
16. I love my job…a lot. I have worked many places, but my current place of employment (Burton Group) is the funnest and hardest job I have ever done. I could work for hours on end…ask my wife, I have.
17. I have hit a hole in one while playing golf. It was on a 118 yard par 3 and I hit a horrible shot that rolled up to the green. When my friend and I got up to the green we thought the ball had rolled over. Only after we could not find it did we look in the hole, and there it was. Dancing ensued. I was once at South Mountain, and this time I hit a great shot and the ball rolled closer and closer to the hole. The ball stopped one rotation away from another hole in one. Maybe another day.
18. I only met and got to know some of my nearest and dearest friends within the past 3 to 4 years.
19. I bite my fingernails, I have tried to stop, but I can’t. I feel bad when I bite them, but I still do it. I guess this is my burden to bear.
20. In July of 2005 I decided to stop drinking coke. I have not drunk one since. Some days are harder than others, but mostly I feel like I could put a huge glass of coke in front of me, stick my nose right up to it and just push it away.
21. I hate camping. It is not the mountains or the outside or the sleeping on the ground, it is my allergies that just crush me while I am outside. I am allergic to grass, which really slows me down when I am outside. Mowing the lawn is horrible for me, but I still do it (reluctantly).
22. I truly believe that when you are in the service of your fellow being you are really in the service of your God. I love to serve and try to look for any opportunities to serve whenever possible. You are never forced to give of your time, it is something you must choose to do. Time is one of only a few things you can never get back and by giving of your time you show there is no greater love than helping someone in need.
23. I love sports and a couple years ago I was introduced to fantasy sports. I now participate in fantasy sports leagues for football, basketball, and baseball. Participating in fantasy sports has increased my love of viewing sports. I love going to baseball games and in the past 3 years have been to games in San Francisco and San Diego while on business trips.
24. I am extremely lucky to be married to my best friend. There is no one more important to me and no one I would rather be with. I cannot wait to grow old with her.
25. I can’t wait to see what my children grow up to be. They both have so much promise inside of them. I hope that I, as their father, can bring out the best in them and let them know that not only are they loved, but that they are capable of doing anything they put their minds to.
Oh Hi There, I’m Back
16 hours ago