Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You Had a Bad Day

Everyone has those days where things just don't seem to go right. Where you think you are the unluckiest person in the world and one of the biggest losers (not the kind that is on TV losing weight).

Today was not one of those days for me, but for my lovely wife. She woke up with a big migraine, that is never fun. Migraines are the worst. Maybe they are contagious because Jordan went to bed last night with one. Diana slept in to get rid of the migraine so she was not able to get her list of things done today.

Then, on the way to pick up the kids from school...well, I better tell this the way I was told from Diana. "I was driving and I cut a person off, so as I went to wave [editors note: the one-finger wave?] I did not see how close the person in front of me was...and then my foot slipped as I tried to stop. We barely even touched!" That is her story...not mine.

Diana says there was no (hardly any) damage to the person she hit. Our car looks like this:


Just kidding. The car is fine. There is a little crack in the front bumper, but the car is just a thing and Diana is a person, so it is great that she is OK. When she called me she was hysterical, but I had her laughing pretty quick.

The day did get better as it went on. The migraine cleared up, she went to activity days and learned all about the girls she will be working with, she got to hang out with me (this is probably the best thing you can do if you are having a bad day) and she had friends commenting that they hoped she was OK on facebook after I updated my status that I was worried about her.

Hope things stay good for a while honey!

No comments: