Monday, January 19, 2009

Hard Day

"In this economic climate."

How many times have you heard that statement in the past couple months? If you are at my house or at my job it has been quite a lot. Well, today "the economic climate" became very real to me. People actually lost their jobs today (not me, thank goodness). I know this is going on all over the world and there are probably places that are no where near as nice as my place of employment that has let people go, places where people were actually better off not working there. That does not make it any easier. Letting people go is never an easy decision, and I am sure many sacrifices were made. On days like today I count my blessings and vow to never forget how much I love my job.

Hopefully, Obama and his people can get something passed in congress that can help spur the economy. Until then I will be saving my money and not going out as often, being a little more careful with what I have. I also know that I will get my tax return submitted and get the money in the bank as soon as possible.

No comments: