Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Golf Update

On the St. George trip from last week my Dad and I went to Dixie Red Hills. We have never played this course before. I really liked it. I shot a 47 on nine holes. Not very good, but it is the first time I played the course. I think I could play it a lot better next time. I think 3 or 4 strokes could come off easy. This golf course has tons of squirrels. They were everywhere. They did not even get fazed as we drove our cart by them or got out and played golf right by them. Here is a squirrel as my Dad plays (circled in red).The best shot of the day was by my Dad. He tried to hit around a dog-leg to the left and hit a pretty good shot, except for the 60 foot tall boulder that was in the way. He did get a lucky bounce though and his shot landed in a pretty good spot for him. Here is a Google Maps image of the "boulder" he bounced his ball off of:He wasn't the only one that had hit the rock before, there was a crevice in the rock where a ball was sitting. Ohhh, and by the way, my Dad shot a 58 or something like that, I lost count.

No comments: