Saturday, August 29, 2009

Last Night's Family Party

Last night we went to a family party that included my brother from down South and my sister that is in from Sacramento. My parents also invited my aunts, uncles, and cousins from my Dad's side of the family. It has been a while since I have seen any of them. It is interesting to see some of my cousins that I played with as kids as adults and with families of their own. If only I could have known the future and made fun of them as a kid for how they turned out as an adult.

I did hang out with my cousin Mike for a couple hours. Mike works at Microsoft in their sales department for hardware vendors for Utah. I don't mijd Microsoft and all, but we had to butt heads on a few points (like Vista and Windows Mobile). I did give him props for Windows 7 (everything I have seen is good for Win 7 - out next month or early October I believe). He wanted me to know about the Zune HD coming out soon and how great it is. I said that as nice as it may be, the iPod has all the consumer love right now and without a kick-butt narketing campaign that won't stop. Plus, new iPods all allegedley coming out on Sept. 9 with an improved Touch as the highlight (can you say camera and movie-making tools?). The iPod rules and while the Zune HD might be a good product, people have already invested in an iPod and are not going to switch over to a new platform.

Kids tell their parents they want an "ipod," the parents might get something else (iPods are expensive you know), but the kids want an authentic Apple iPod. Nothing else has the coolness factor. I think most kids would be disappointed if they asked for an ipod and got a Zune.

And even with all the geek talk I was able to make fun of Ry-ry a couple times and had the whole table barreled over in laughter - even Anne a couple times.

Note about today's post: Sorry about spelling and such, I wrote this entire thing from my Blackberry.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: