Saturday, August 8, 2009

Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince

Went and saw the new Harry Potter last night with the family. It was an OK movie. Could be one of the best of the Harry Potter series. As of now, I still think I like Order of The Phoenix as the best movie. The thing about me and Harry Potter movies is that I hate re-watching them. They are good the first time, but once they are on DVD and the kids want to watch them over and over I think they are horrible. I am sure this one will be like that as well as there was already parts of Half-Blood Prince that I did not like the first time.

I am sure you have read the book, but I still won't give away any spoilers, this movie is a lot about hormones and a very little about action. The book was about half and half (hormones to action). I feel like they cut out action to focus on the hormones and that is not what I want in my Harry Potter movies. The action and magic should trump all. The big ending is the same, but there are different people there and the way it happens is not like how it happens in the book. There are also some other big differences from how the book does things, but the main events are still all there.

Overall, it is a good movie, but not great. I sure hope the movie makers can make great movies for the final book (which they are splitting into two movie).

No comments: