Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Am Doing Chores

At the beginning of summer Diana wanted to find a way to have the kids do chores, but not have to fight with them about it. We thought that if we raised their allowance up enough that they could get some good money, the fighting would end and the kids would actually like to do their chores. We raised their weekly allowance so they are eligible to earn $20 a week (big jump, they were getting $3 or $4 a week before this. Chloe has embraced the idea and regularly makes $12-$15 a week from doing her chores and not fighting about it. Jordan, on the other hand, just does not care. He fights tooth and nail and sometimes just down right does not do his chores. Last week he told Diana he did not want to do chores and did not care about the money (remember, he still owes me $40 for Mill Hollow this summer). I heard him say that and jumped at the chance to make $20. I told him he did not have to do his chores, I would, but I get the money. Diana quickly agreed and I am doing Jordan's chores this week.

This week Jordan has the downstairs living room and bathroom for his chores, as well as kitty litter box and feed and water the cat. Pretty easy. I don't know why he is so against it, I did all of them in about 10 minutes last night. Here is the downstairs after I was done last night:



Yes, I know the door is broken off the cabinet in the bathroom. I always meant to fix that, but there is sits. Diana knows that at some point when it is not at all convenient I will decide I am not going to do anything else until it is fixed. Probably about 10 minutes before I receive a Nobel peace prize or something like that.

No comments: